We appreciate your interest in Oswego Industries as an employer! Learn more about us.
Oswego Industries is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oswego Industries/The Arc of Oswego County provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Fleet Coordinator – Part-Time
- Direct Support Professional – Full-Time or Part-Time
- Community-Based Direct Support Professional – Full-Time
Check out our generous benefits package.
Fleet Coordinator – Part-Time
We are looking for a talented, motivated individual to join our Agency as a Part-Time Fleet Coordinator. The Fleet Coordinator plays a vital role in overseeing the agencies vehicles. You will monitor & schedule routine maintenance and repair appointments, ensure that all Department of Motor vehicle paperwork is current and up to date and ensure all Agency vehicles are in safe operating condition. This is a detail-oriented position that is vital to our daily operations.
Our ideal candidate is a great communicator, organized, is detail-oriented and has experience managing vehicles. They will be well versed in NYS DMV practices, have a general knowledge of vehicle maintenance and upkeep, and work well in a team environment. The Fleet Coordinator will collaborate with other departments to meet the vehicles needs of all programs and services offered by the Agency; to include the training of new drivers on safety policies and procedures, distribution of keys to individual drivers, implementation and enforcement of the daily fleet schedule and attainment of new vehicles through purchasing and lease agreements.
This position is Monday – Friday and the hours may vary based on the needs of the Agency. We will strive to accommodate your availability and will provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
A qualified candidate:
- Has a valid New York State Driver’s License.
- Has a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Has a basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance.
- Has experience with purchase and lease agreements.
- Has experience with vehicle usage schedules.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills.
DSP (Direct Support Professional) – Full-Time/Part-Time
SUMMARY: To assist in the provision of community-based experiences with adults who are disabled. As a Direct Support Professional, maturity, responsibility, sensitivity, and the ability to work independently are essential traits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and/or RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide instructional activities both center-based and community-based, which will develop new skills and/or enhance existing skills related to fuller community inclusion.
- Provide direct, hands-on personal care required by each person (may include lifting, and transferring).
- Provide opening and closing Door Duty/Transportation as assigned.
- Support program areas to cover staff absences, both scheduled and unscheduled.
- Support individuals with disabilities in developing and refining skills promoting health, safety, and functional independence.
- Assist in the implementation of ISP (Individual Service Plan) goals within a group setting or in one to one situations.
- Educate the general public as to the value of integrating individuals with disabilities into community life.
- Incorporate individual choice and decision making into all phases of planning.
- Participate in initiating new methods and/or ideas that will lead to more effective learning for the individual.
- Maintain records, charts, billing, and progress notes (written and/or electronic) for assigned individuals.
- Operate program vehicles in transporting participants for off-site activities.
- Collaborate with Service Coordinators, Production Supervisors, and the Health and Safety Coordinator as individuals’ needs require.
- Participate in meetings on a daily basis.
- Augment current job knowledge by participating in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. conducted both within the agency and outside the agency.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Coordinator.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience working on a team. Experience with those who are disabled is preferred, but not required. Basic writing abilities. A clean, valid New York State Driver’s License. Ability to pass required background check
Community-Based DSP (Direct Support Professional) – Full-Time/Part-Time
SUMMARY: Oswego Industries and our sister agency, The Arc of Oswego County, are recruiting Community-Based Direct Support Professionals (DSP) to join our Community Habilitation Team. A Community-Based DSP must be patient, compassionate, and detailed oriented. They are responsible for providing services aimed at promoting positive community engagement, independence, instruction, and guidance to support individuals with disabilities. This is a goal-oriented program that has positive, meaningful, daily impacts on the lives of adults with disabilities.
The Community Habilitation program has flexible hours determined by the needs of the individual and the DSP providing services, to include full-time and part-time positions. If you are an independent worker who recognizes the importance of community inclusion and services for adults with disabilities, we encourage you to apply.
A qualified candidate:
- Has a valid NYS Drivers License
- Has a high school diploma or an equivalent
- Takes pride in helping others achieve their personal goals
- Is productive in an independent setting
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills